Journal of Oriental Studies was founded in 1992. The founder and publisher of the journal is the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University. The journal has developed and approved cover and title pages with an indication of the institution, imprint of the issue, ISSN, E-ISSN, editorial board, editorial policy, publication ethics, and website.
The journal is included in the list of publications recommended by the Committee for Control in the Sphere of Education and Science of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the publication of the main results of scientific activity. The journal is indexed by the Kazakhstani Citation Base (KazBC) of JSC National Center for State Scientific and Technical Expertise (NCSTE).
Journal articles are registered in the CrossRef database, and each author's article is necessarily assigned a DOI - a digital object identifier that is used to provide citation, reference and output to electronic documents.
Since 2019, the journal has been indexed in the ICI Journals Master List, Index Copernicus (Poland).
The journal is also placed in the Scientific Electronic Library elibrary.ru in open access for readers and is included in the analytical database "Russian Science Citation Index" (RSCI).
The editorial board of the journal includes leading Kazakhstani and foreign scientists.
The journal publishes research papers in the following areas: science, history, politics, and social development of the countries of the East, religious and cultural aspects of existence and of transformation of the societies of the region, and modern methodological approaches, theoretical and practical achievements in the field of Oriental studies of the Humanities and social Sciences complex.
Articles are accompanied by an external review of the supervisor or scientific consultant, internal review of the editorial Board members and independent experts who are not part of the editorial Board and conduct research in areas close to the subject of the article. All issues of the journal are placed on the electronic website of KazNU. al-Farabi.
The authors and readers of the journal are domestic and foreign scientists, University professors, practitioners, doctoral students, graduate students, undergraduates and students. The journal can be published by any author, regardless of the place of residence, nationality and degree, who has not previously published material, not intended for simultaneous publication in other publications. Acceptance of articles for publication in the journal is carried out in a constant mode. Articles are accepted in Kazakh, Russian and English.
The goals of the journal are to publish the results of scientific research in the field of domestic and foreign oriental studies; creation of an intellectual forum for leading scientists and specialists of Kazakh and foreign educational and scientific institutions dealing with the problems of the countries of the East; stimulating the development of original, reliable, interdisciplinary research in the field of oriental studies.
The tasks of the journal:
- development of existing and initiation of new research directions in the field of Kazakhstani oriental studies;
- identification and research of insufficiently studied scientific problems;
- search and formation of new methodological approaches in scientific research;
- promotion of the work of domestic scientists for integration into the world scientific community;
- increasing the role of scientific knowledge in the modern world.
Thematic directions of the journal
The journal publishes articles on the following thematic areas of oriental studies:
- Actual problems of history, politics, social development of Kazakhstan, countries of Asia and Africa;
- languages and literature of the peoples of Asia;
- religions and beliefs of the peoples of the East;
- geocultural spaces of the countries of the East;
- international relationships;
- religious and cultural aspects of the existence and transformation of societies;
- theoretical and practical achievements in the field of the social and humanitarian complex of oriental sciences.
* The author (s) of the manuscript approved for publication in the journal are obliged to pay for the publication in accordance with the approved price list for publication in scientific journals of Al-Farabi KazNU. According to the approved price list, payment for the publication of an article is 500 tenge per page.
In exceptional cases, in the presence of other sources of funding for the journal series, authors may be fully or partially exempt from payment for the publication of the article. A receipt for payment for publication in pdf format is sent by the author (s) to the e-mail address of the editorial office of the journal.